Saturday, March 20, 2010


Here I am just before I got into my car and drove to our starting point. This is my 'I eat double digit runs for breakfast, grrrr...' face. I had already been up for a couple of hours and was super geeked-out excited to run.

Am I the only one who looks forward to crap like that?

(What should I do with my hand? Oh, I'll put it on my hip. Yeah.)

Aaaaannd.......here I am after 11 miles - 5 of it uphill into a brutal, chilling wind. Um.....I look like a man in these photos. Apparently that's what the miles do to me? And yeah, I wore shorts. And no, I don't regret my choice. My legs were numb after the first couple miles anyway. :) The biggest problem was my breathing - my allergies came in full force this week and my lungs are definitely feeling it.

(a manly, superman curl look)

I was pretty wiped out towards the end - my calves were cramping and the energy from the gu I took at mile 5 was way gone. But I did it and that makes me happy.

Came home and decided to take an icebath.

Here's the thing about icebaths: they work wonders for your aching body, but they are absolute hell for the first couple minutes. I noticed my lips were a bit blue before I got in the bath (crap, my lungs didn't feel THAT bad on my run. What?) and they were SO blue when I got out. Anyway the pain from the cold, icy bath is so consuming! But, man, I always feel amazing afterwards - no aches, soreness, etc.

I spent the rest of the day talking to my mama on the phone (hi mom!), napping, and pulling weeds out of my garden beds. Now Brant is home and we are gonna eat dinner (smoked pulled pork and coleslaw!) and watch netflixed Northern Exposure episodes.

Yay. What a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment