Anyway, enough about eggs. Let's talk holidays.
We spent Christmas in Idaho Falls with my side of the family. Sadly, we did not get to see my brother and his family because they've spent the last week or so cycling family members through the stomach flu. With Brant having so much to do before he leaves this next week, we couldn't afford to get sick. Not seeing them sucked.
But, we did get to spend lots of time with my mom and step-dad, and that was awesome. Pretty sure my mom spent all last week baking non-stop. We ate fudge, toffee, macarroons, gingerbread men, sugar cookies, all GLUTEN FREE!!!!!!! We keep telling my mom she needs to start her own gluten free bakery because you seriously can't tell the difference between her gluten free treats and the usual gluten filled stuff. And her homemade bread? To. die. for.
I wish I had pictures to post off all this, but my camera died after about two pictures Christmas morning. Lame.
Here's one caught before the camera died.
![]() |
| My nephew in his new Christmas jammies. |
Ahh, so now we are home and it is Brant's and my last day to relax together before he leaves for Maui.
I cannot believe it is here already.
We are going to work out, watch movies, and just try to relax today. Because tomorrow, the work starts (or continues, really). Brant has about a million and one things on his list to finish before Thursday night. I have to work. Family will be arriving throughout the week. And then Thursday night we will all go to Brant's farewell dinner (um, at a pizza joint - would my husband have it any other way!?) and then 6:30 Friday morning he will be on a plane to Maui. Just like that.
So yeah, we've got a few things going on this week.
I have to say that I am mildly jealous that he will soon be in warm, tropical Maui, while I will be here in cold, gray Boise. :(
But, on the bright side............after his plane takes off Friday morning, my mom and I will be spending the whole weekend together - celebrating our birthdays!! Mine is New Years Day and hers is Groundhogs Day. We are playing it by ear - we might decide on an impromptu birthday roadtrip or we might hang around Boise and shop, shop, shop. Whatever we decide on, I am so excited to get to spend the weekend with my mama!!
![]() |
| My mom and Brant last summer. |
Now I'm off to drink more coffee, think about lunch, and be LAZY with my man.
Cheers.


It did suck not seeing Josh and Jen and my niece and nephew. Hopefully they will be guilt ridden from being sick and come see us in MAUI as a penance.
ReplyDelete