Saturday, January 22, 2011

Motivation

So time is going by and in 6 weeks the dogs and I will be in Maui.


Six weeks.

To occupy my time (uh, the time I'm not working, packing, or doing moving related stuff) I've been focusing a lot on eating healthy and working out hard. I've set a pretty big goal and I know in order to achieve it, I need to be in awesome shape. The goal?

It's the:


I plan to run the full marathon. It is on September 18th 2011 so I figure I will have 2 months to acclimate to running in Maui's heat and humidity, and then 4 months to train. When I get there in March, I plan on joining the Valley Isle Road Runners - its a running club and I hope to meet some new friends there. And hopefully some of them are doing the Maui Marathon too!

So in the 6 weeks until I get to Maui, I hope to concentrate on building my base mileage and core work. Since early last November I have been going regularly to Body Pump classes at my gym and have definitely built more muscle (um, now I'm hoping the body fat will start melting away). But my gym membership is canceled at the end of January, so that leaves me the full month of February to amp up my runs. I don't want to lose any of the fitness I've built at the gym, so I'm really going to try to do a lot of core work, yoga, and strength training at home. I may have to lift suitcases instead of barbells, but so be it.

Anyway, that's my goal. I want to run the Maui Marathon.

And now, to go run.

No comments:

Post a Comment