Sunday, February 13, 2011

In Maui Starbucks Carries Coconut Syrup

Friday was my last day at work.

Now I am unemployed.

This makes me very happy.

And excited.

(!!!!!!)

Because this all means only 2 1/2 more weeks in Boise.

Then,  I will drive to Portland with my mama, step-dad, and two dogs

(whose Hawaiian names, I've decided, should be 'Mahi' and 'Ahi' just for kicks).

In Portland we will meet my wonderful, favorite in-laws,

and all together we will jump through hoops

to get the dogs and myself on a plane to Maui.

Where my husband, and our new season in life, is waiting.




So far, being unemployed is enjoyable.

It's only been two days. 

I'm a bum without a beach.

But not for long!

I hope to learn how to do this.

Truth be told,

I am a little nervous.

About things like making friends,

being myself (seeing how I react) in a completely new environment,

you know, basically the unknown.



It's been said before,

all beginnings are hard.

I expect this to be hard.

I also expect it to be life changing-ly, mind blowing-ly, out of this world kind of awesome.

And I am overwhelmed that I get to experience this in my life.

Overwhelmed at the love that surrounds me.

And really looking forward to jumping in that ocean.



No comments:

Post a Comment