Yesterday was one of the most fun, relaxing days I've experienced here so far. After running errands and doing laundry in the morning, I got to spend the late afternoon gardening. The place we are crashing at is an old Japanese house and garden. The garden area has been neglected, but it's got good bones and with a little love could be beautiful again. I weeded a large portion of one of the flower beds (uncovered a strawberry patch!) and pruned a couple of shrubs. The breeze was blowing, the dogs chilled in the shade, and it was super peaceful.
There is a bamboo hedge on one side of the house. Apparently it is a rare kind of Japanese black bamboo that was planted there 50+ years ago by the family who built the home. So cool! I'll post pics soon.
When Brant got off work we hung out with a few guys from his shop and then drove into Paia for dinner.
We had Mahi Mahi curry and my belly was very happy. Brant even liked it.
keep posting--so fun
ReplyDeletelook at B!