- (As a note to myself) Hey self? Remember how when you were preparing for this move and you so casually got rid of oh, you know, pretty much EVERYTHING? And how in the back of your mind you wondered if you would miss that crock-pot or that pan that made perfect eggs but you blithely told yourself PPSSHHH. Chill! You can always get another one! Well, here you are on a rock in the sea and yes, you can get another egg pan, but guess what? It's gonna be way more expensive than you thought it would be, which is so no big deal except that now you don't just need an egg pan, you need a crock-pot, and plates, silverware, and oh, a can opener, a garbage can, and FOOD. And you need it all at once. And you do not have unlimited funds. Thank the Lord a thousand times over you brought your coffee maker.
- In reference to the above, let me just say that despite the expense and the 1st world problem pain of not having everything I want whenever I want it, I don't think I would change much of what I got rid of in preparing for this move. I guess I could have forked over the extra $100-200 bucks to ship some of my kitchen appliances over, but what the hey. We didn't have the room to keep extra boxes our first 3 weeks here anyway.
- What I think I need and what I actually NEED are vastly different.
- I love our new town and neighborhood. Today I found a park where I can run while listening to music. Can't do that on the streets here - too busy trying not to collide with cars.
- The dogs are done with change. They have done absolutely remarkable, considering their home life stability has been wildly disrupted for almost a year now. But they are ready to settle down and have a balanced pack again.
![]() |
| We live in the bottom unit. |
This is our new place. It has a huge yard and is set back a good ways from the street. It is cute and CLEAN.
Here is a pic of the bathroom floor in the place we stayed for the past 3 1/2 weeks:
![]() |
| At least there was nice hot water. |
The above picture explains why we feel like this about our new bathroom:
![]() |
| New bathroom! Complete with a floor! |
Last thing: I've been driving Brant's car down the hill into Kahului sometimes. I always take the dogs with me and they kick it in the car while I steal Whole Foods wifi or whatever. I know it's a small island and all, but last friday we went to a bbq and met a bunch of new people and they were all hey! you're the girl with the dogs that drives the coupe around!
Yes. Yes I am.




That is so funny that they recognized you! Love it. Bummer about all of your stuff. I remember your mom and Gary having the same problem when they got home from Africa. When they got home, and after their surgeries, the first thing they bought was a knife. Random! Love the new digs. Looks so...island-y!!!! And Brant hair trim looks GREAT! He looks so much younger. Miss ya tons, but am so glad you are where you want to be!
ReplyDeleteNew place looks great.
ReplyDelete