Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This Is Getting Out Of Hand



It’s been all notebooks and coffee over here this morning. So much coffee that now I’ve got the shakes. But there are big ideas brewing and I am excited. And it always helps to get ideas and such down on paper – as least it does me.

Never made it to the store yesterday to buy borax, so no borax balls for the roaches yet. However I’m pretty sure at least one of them met their maker last night by tasting a bit of the roach bait we set under the kitchen sink a couple weeks ago. I’m laying in bed last night just drifting off, Brant is out like a light, and all of a sudden in addition to the tick-tick-whir of the ceiling fan I hear this God-awful racket coming from under the kitchen sink. Sounds like someone banging beer cans together. Then I think of it: of course! the recycling! A roach is flailing itself around the cans in the recycling bin under our sink.

Now, maybe I’m a moron for keeping the recycling under the sink. We rinse out all the cans/bottles, and until last night I hadn’t noticed a problem with it – especially with the roach bait under there. I’m guessing the bugger took a bite of the bait, then did his death dance around the recycling bin. Whatever it was, it was loud, and continued for hours.

I haven’t opened the door under the sink yet to look.

In other news, I have 4 ½ more days of freedom. Marathon training starts Monday.

Oh, and I received the sweetest, most awesome packages in the mail the other day from my lovely friend Bonez. Although all contents were great, my favorite was this sprig of sage from Boise. The smell almost knocked me out with memories of our foothills runs. You made my day, Bonez.



Let’s end this with a gratuitous coupe picture.

In the beach parking lot.


Death to roaches!

2 comments:

  1. I made the blog! woot! so glad it all made it there and so fun to think of those items all living in maui! ps the coffee mugs were made by sue. see her stamp under the handle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAAAAAHAHAHAH!! Effing awesome. I will admit I have a sick sense of humor when it comes to people getting hurt, but seriously, SOOOO funny! That's what u get for not answering your phone, bitch ;-) Miss u

    ReplyDelete