Saturday, March 13, 2010

Really?

I woke up this morning to THIS covering my garden beds:


Ugh. Really?

Under the plastic covering the smaller box in the far left of the picture are my spinach, kale, and lettuce seedlings. They will probably be fine. Still.....I hate snow!

However, out of all weekends to miss my long run.....this was a great one to pick! I am feeling a lot better after my stomach flu/food poisoning escapades, but after 3 days of the bathroom being my best friend, I just wasn't feeling strong enough to run this morning. And hoo boy! So glad I am not running in that craptacular snow fest!

The great thing about Boise, is that when it snows here in the morning, it will usually be completely melted off by noon or so. Gotta love that.

I've got a couple garden related items on the agenda today:
  • Start seeds. I always start most of my crops from seed, indoors. Brant is awesome and doesn't mind that several rooms in our house usually get overtaken from mid March to mid May by tables with my little greenhouse set-ups on them.
  • Clearly LABEL all seed trays and document them in my gardening notebook. This is necessary so that when I get impatient in early May and start throwing seedlings around willy nilly, I'll know exactly what I have.
  • Pare down unnecessary gardening supplies. One of my goals this season is to become a more organized gardener.
  • Decide on a game plan for my soon to be strawberry patch!
Better get crackin!

No comments:

Post a Comment