Saturday, January 8, 2011

A few lists to pass the time

Things I miss about my husband (now that he is in Maui and I am not)
  • Smooches. (seriously, did you think I would NOT miss those?)
  • Having a human heater in bed with me, keeping me warm when it is 11 degrees outside. (I tried letting the dogs sleep on the bed. It is not the same). 
  • His handyman-ness. He knows all sorts of smart things, like how to attach the storm windows, or how to hang a mailbox on the metal siding. I do not know these smart things, and am now forced to figure them out. Lame.
  • His furry face.
  • His funny/shocking comments.
  • Our CSI ritual.
  • Sundays.

Things I will miss about Boise
  • hmmm.........................................???
  • Ok. Just kidding. 
  • My girlfriends. Those ladies know who they are and I am going to miss them more than anything else here!! They also know they best be coming to visit!!
  • Easy access to gluten-free food. 
  • P.F. Changs
  • Anthropology
  • How it stays light till almost 10pm in summertime.
  • Memories of my family when they all lived here. 
  • Thinking of my grandma every time I walk into the deli at the Co-op.

Things I will NOT miss about Boise
  • Winter.
  • Spring (except I will say that the gardening is pretty sweet when you've been dreaming of it all winter and then the ground finally thaws.....but, you know, whatever).
  • Winter. 
  • Winter
  • Inversions
  • Being land locked
  • Winter and generally everything about WINTER.

Things I am looking forward to doing in Maui
  • Smooching my husband.
  • THE OCEAN
  • Pineapples!
  • Mangos!
  • Ono and every other delicious fish I plan on eating.
  • Running along the ocean! In the sun! Even in the winter!
  • Cultivating that laid back island vibe even when working everyday.
  • Making new friends. (I know, shocker! Me? Wanting to make friends?)
  • Showing my family and friends around the island when they come to visit.
  • Pineapples!!! Yes, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Palm trees. Eucalyptus trees. Plumeria. Gardenia. 
  • Oh man, the SMELL of Maui
  • Learning how to garden in a completely different climate.
  • Learning more about the ocean
  • Learning to stand-up paddle
  • Having a tan YEAR ROUND.
  • No need for shoes other than slippahs (flip flops). Well, besides my running shoes that is. 
  • Learning about a different culture.
  • The Maui Marathon. It's in September yo. Plenty of time to train.
  • Coconut flavor at Starbucks.
  • More pineapples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah....and you're going to miss Carter ;-)
    DUUUUDE! You need a post about the people who are going to miss YOU! EVERYONE!!! Especially me. Oh and I got a tear in my eye about the comment of going to the Deli at the Co Op w/ your grandma. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete