When I arrived yesterday, it was rainy. And 81 degrees.
We picked the dogs up from the cargo facility (they did great on the flight!) and went to unload all of our stuff at the new place we are staying. I'll post pictures of it later - but it is a little ohana in the back of Brant's bosses house. It is perfect for us right now, and we will stay there as we look for a more permanent apartment to rent.
Then we went to Costco, bought an airbed, towels, and shampoo. And THEN we took Maddie and Lucy to see the ocean for the first time (not gonna lie, I really wanted to feel the sand between my toes too).
I had thought they might be scared of the waves, but they jumped right in. Swallowed a bit of salt water too. :)
This morning I did my first scary thing. Brant went to work (he works next door to where we are staying) and I jumped in the coupe and drove down the mountain to Kahului. It was scary to me because I have never driven the coupe before, I have no idea where I am going here, and some of the roads are really narrow and very winding. But I decided before moving here that once I got here, I wouldn't back down from doing anything - even if it was scary. So......here I am sitting in the Whole Foods in Kahului. Here in just a sec I'm going to pack up and head over to Ross to buy sheets for our airbed. The dogs are kicking it in the car, so I'll probably take them on a walk and we'll just hang out till it is time to drive back up to Kula.


Just saw your blog - yay! Congrats on your move and keep being brave in your new place. I'll keep reading if you keep writing. :)
ReplyDeleteStef
yay yay yay
ReplyDelete