Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Skill Set



This week has been all about hanging out and relaxing. I don't think I've EVER been as relaxed as I am right now. I didn't know it was possible. We have a place to live and are just waiting to move in. We are trying to live financially lean right now, since you know, we have to pay for the new apartment, deposit, and oh yeah, our house in Boise that STILL hasn't rented. In light of the lean times, I have been staying close to camp this week (gas is mucho $$). There's not a whole lot to do in the area, but dang if it's not super beautiful, and that's enough for me.

Here's a typical (week) day right now:

  • Wake up around 6:30 and see Brant off to work.
  • Drive to the Pukalani Starbucks, drink grande Pike Place coffee, use free WiFi, buy breakfast and lunch for the day at the connected grocery store, get coffee refill and take back to Brant.
  • Straighten up our little casa. Hang towels on the line to dry. Sweep.
  • Talk awhile with John (the handyman adding a bathroom onto our place) about how he used to work for George Harrison.
  • Sit on a plastic ice chest in the shade, with the dogs, and read facebook messages on my iphone. Or talk to my mom on the phone. 
  • Throw the tennis ball for the dogs. Amuse myself (but not them) by taking multiple stupid self portraits. Try to get the dogs in a photo with me. Mostly fail.
  • Eat lunch with Brant (mostly tuna and crackers)
  •  Sit in the garden swing and read.
  • Around 3:30, slather myself in bug spray and go for a run. The hills here are awesome.
  • Stretch, shower.
  • Sit in the garden swing again, with the dogs, and read, write, or just listen to music. Stare at the clouds till Brant gets off work. 
  • Throw the dogs in the car and drive to Makawao with Brant for dinner. We usually go to the general store - they have the best homemade chili. 
  • Bed. Sweet, sweet, bed.

See? Relaxing. I used to always have to have a project or be doing something productive to feel worthwhile. Yeah......not so much anymore.

On Monday, while using the WiFi at Starbucks I haphazardly sent out a slew of resumes. I have an interview next monday. So this relaxation will inevitably end, but man, I am enjoying it while it's here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment