First off, I wanna say thanks for all of the positive comments and support. You guys rock! I was kind of nervous about publishing that post yesterday - but the blogs I enjoy the most are the ones where the author is honest, gets personal sometimes, and above all, keeps it real. So that is my intention as well. No point to this blog really, if its just going to be surface and small talk all the time.
Here's a story for you:
There is a cockroach (possibly a family of roaches) living up in the bathroom fan that is mounted above our toilet. I know this because the other night when Brant and I were watching a Law & Order marathon, I got up to use the bathroom, flipped on the bathroom light and this roach/bird/alien spaceship thing flew up into the fan, squishing it's body in between the slits of the fan cover.I didn't actually see the roach, due to my eyes adjusting to the light and the fact that as soon as I heard it hissing I ducked, covered all vital parts, and prayed for an insecticide rain to manifest in my bathroom. I know it was a big sucker because it was loud as all get out and I saw its huge, long antenae things hanging out the side of the fan cover as it was banging around in there, and they were HUGE. and LONG. And I cried a little and considered never using the bathroom again.
While I was standing there contemplating my options, the roach was banging around in the fan and hissing and generally freaking me out. And then.....then A COCKROACH LEG fell out of the fan and onto the floor in front of me. I passed out, woke in the morning, saw the leg again, packed my bags and headed back to Idaho, which is where I write to you now, from my roachless, potato loving state.
I realize this is a little dramatic. I'm sure I will get used to roaches eventually. But seriously? A roach graveyard right above the toilet? I spend some serious time there, and who's to say another roach leg won't fall out and land on me?
I don't know what to do about any of this. Besides use a public restroom.
Looks like I'm going to spend today making borax balls.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Oh, gross, gross, gross GROSS GROSS!!!! Ewwwww. That would be all I needed to go back to Idaho. Good thing you're a strong woman! I don't have any suggestions, but I'll ask Josh. Ewwww.
ReplyDeleteget a sheet?
ReplyDeleteUgh! We have those too. I've not found any way to rid the house of them short of poison, which I really try not to employ. I hate the big, flying roaches. Here we call them Palmetto bugs, but I mean a roach is a roach is a roach! They are often in the bathroom - someone told me its due to a water source. I've had one crawl up and out of the sink drain while washing my face and also one crawl out of my dishwasher (AFTER a wash cycle - they are tough). Am I making you feel worse? Shoot. Sorry, no more roach stories. Big bigs are the curse of living in a subtropical (or tropical? for you) environment. Small price, though ... ok mostly small price :) Good luck with the borax!
ReplyDeleteI totally laughed loud and hard at the moved back to Idaho part. OMFG I don't know how you deal with the bugs!!
ReplyDelete