Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We Still Like Each Other

Monday was our 9th wedding anniversary. To celebrate I made Brant go outside with me and take a few obligatory photos.

He likes to flare his nostrils when I 'make' him take pictures.

And then we went to a surprise dinner he had planned.  Months ago we picked up a magazine for restaurants on Maui and the cover shot was this amazingly refreshing looking drink from a restaurant called I'o. Sliced strawberries, limes, basil, and mint leaves stacked in a tall, clear glass with a clear bubbly liquid (turned out to be soda water & some fancy vodka). I mentioned that someday I really wanted to try that restaurant because that drink looked out of this world and I hoped the menu would match. So that's where he made our anniversary reservations. Because he is awesome and thoughtful like that.

Notice the dumpster in the background. No churchin it up over here.

Dinner was amazing. We ordered multiple small plates and munched and talked the night away. It was such a relaxing, satisfying meal. And of course I ordered the drink we had seen on the magazine cover. Brant said it tasted "like a garden" because of all the fresh basil and mint leaves layered amongst the strawberries and limes. I thought it was delicious - especially because it tasted like a garden.

Anyway, get ready for some mushy stuff:



I love this guy. 

I mean, I REALLY love him.

 I can honestly say that the last nine years have been the best years of my life. He is my best friend. And I am so completely grateful for every day I get to spend being married to him.

The beard is back.

Here's to many, many more years together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment