I am posting this - no pictures - just to say hey, I'm still here. Just really tired.
The past few weeks have been crazy busy. We went to my mom's one weekend, to burden them with more furniture we have to get rid of, and to help my brother and his family move into their beautiful, brand new house. It was a fast and furious trip - gone friday afternoon and back sunday. But it was awesome fun.
The next weekend I spent 9 hours on Saturday going through what I thought was the last of our 'paperwork' for the move. You know how the IRS says you are supposed to keep income and tax related materials for 7 years, in case you are audited, or abducted by aliens, or just want to read them and get really, really bored? Yeah, well, we have a whole crapload of paperwork from the last 7 years - especially with the last 5 years of records for Brant's business. We have to figure out how to get it to Maui. So yeah, that Saturday spent organizing all of that crap, was as fun as it sounds.
Today is Sunday. We spent yesterday working on clearing out Brant's shop. The man has a 4 car garage, filled with car stuff.
I almost lost my ever-loving mind.
But it is now sorted into piles: stuff to give back to people, stuff to sell, stuff going to the thriftstore or dump, and stuff we need to get to Maui somehow.
And you know what we both realized mid-way through yesterday? Two things:
1. We have a lot of crap.
2. Back at the begining of this move, when we said that if it wasn't for the dogs holding us up, we could be in Maui in 30 days? Total. Crap. Complete delusion. No. Freaking. Way.
Here's the thing: it takes a lot of time to go through your stuff and decide what to do with it all. It would be easy to just pack our suitcases, burn our house down - possessions and all, and hop a plane to the island. But being the somewhat rational people that we are, we choose not to do that.
So we continue to sift through everything, working on it as often as we can. And we are getting really, really close. Wait. No. I'd say we are about halfway there.
Thank God we have more time!
In between the sorting and packing, we are:
- working full time.
- soaking up as much time as we can with our friends here.
- running with the dogs at the park.
- taking a spinning class on Wednesday nights.
- doing lots of yoga (just me, no Brant on that one:)
- eating jelly filled powdered donuts (Brant).
- really enjoying the beautiful fall that Boise is on the cusp of. The leaves are changing!
- thinking about marathon training again someday soon (me).
Brilliantly exciting. Scary frustrating. Completely serene.
How's that for a few contradicitons, eh? But it's all true.
And now, I must go pass out on the bed with my husband. Our work is done for the day and now we will watch movies.
Wow, I bet it is a ton of work getting ready to move across the big sea. Which reminds me. We have a couple tools leftover from the move that we think are Brant's. I don't know what they are, one is read, I think. Anyway, does Brant remember leaving/missing anything? Will you guys be over before Thanksgiving? If not, no biggie..we'll hold on to them 'til then. Good luck with all the prep work.
ReplyDelete