In an effort to negate the persistent OMG I am soooooo bored whining that Maddie & Lucy seem prone to, (I swear, they go for one little airplane ride and now think they deserve an adrenaline rush everyday) I took them both outside for a little fetch in the grass.
![]() |
| Focus. Focus. |
I threw the ball.
They ran for it.
Fought over who would bring it back to me.
Compromised by Lucy bringing it 3/4 of the way back, dropping it, Maddie picking it up and bringing it the rest of the way.
Yeah, it's awesome over here.
![]() | ||
| Um, guys? The ball is THAT way. |
![]() |
| Maddie's all about dominating the ball. |
![]() |
| Lucy doesn't really like the compromise. |
![]() |
| Maddie doesn't care what Lucy likes or doesn't like. |
It goes like this for awhile, till both Lucy and I grow tired of Maddie's shenanigans. I'm getting ready to call it quits when...wait, what?
What IS that laying in the grass?????
I ran and got the poop shovel to poke it with. You know, to see if it was dead or not.
It was.
Good thing too, otherwise I'd have had a heart attack. This thing is big enough to carry off small children (or bratty dogs).
Here, let me show you.
![]() |
| See? |
![]() |
| It's huge insect arms & legs all curled up like a corpse. |
Or you know, whatever.
All I know is Maddie better watch it with the attitude now.
![]() |
| Who's the boss now? |









Cool photos - very vibrant.
ReplyDeletedude it's a dragonfly--take it easy
ReplyDeleteThanks Matt, I've been playing around with Picnik.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry bonez, you don't need to bring the sheet just yet.
ReplyDelete