Saturday, April 10, 2010

And so it goes

It is almost the middle of April and I am over here waiting on the warm. Waiting on the bright, bright light. Waiting for the wind to go away.

I am not the only one waiting.

My seedlings desperately need more light. I've never needed one before, but this year I might have to invest in a grow light.



I've got big plans today, despite the less than optimal weather. Going to begin refinishing a buffet for our entryway, plant garlic, peas, radishes, carrots, and parsnips out in my raised beds, and bake gluten free orange creme cupcakes. Recipe here!

Some saturday soon it will be a day for drinking lemonade in the back yard all day, spread in a patio chair like a sun starved cat. Some saturday soon it will be a day for grilling dinner and snacking on warm cherry tomatoes right off the plant. Someday soon the blackberries will be ripe and several of us will be out there nibbling till our lips turn purpley black. I swear to you I am a solar panel, just waiting for my turn. Someday soon it will be warmer than I can stand.


Until then, I wait.





No comments:

Post a Comment