Wednesday, June 2, 2010

This one's for you Bill

Alright fine. I'll quit avoiding my blog. It's just that I ran Robie, wrote half a blog entry and didn't ever publish, and then.....just stopped writing because I felt like if I did I would HAVE to recap Robie and here's all I really want to say about that particular race at this point:

It was way harder than I thought.

It didn't go as I expected.

I still finished.

So there. That is over with and now I can move on to other blog topics. :) Although I don't think I have too much to say (aren't I annoying tonight??). Let's see.........

A lot of things are in limbo for us right now. Brant's job ended in May and he has been sending out resumes for jobs all over the country. Tonight he had a 2nd (or 3rd?) phone interview with a company in Reno that is looking pretty promising. So we could be in for a big summer = moving.

Besides that, things are getting crazy busy at work. I alternate between really enjoying my job and longing for a creative outlet (that actually made $$). I am taking a pottery class. It starts in two weeks.

Also in two weeks, my mom and step dad will be here, to stay with us for a week and a half. I am beyond excited!!

Due to our impending company and possibly having to sell or rent our house, we have been busy trying to spruce things up around here. I am finally painting the kitchen - cabinets, drawers and all. We spent 8 hours on Memorial Day cleaning out Brant's shop. And the garden, oh the garden. It is growing, despite our crazy unusually cold weather this year. Pictures are not my specialty, so I fear I am not doing my yard justice - you can't see how cool it actually looks, but here:

The firecracker penstimon are blooming.


Brant built me new garden boxes. And there are things beginning to grow in them!


And here am I, trying to take a picture for you, Bill. I only succeeded in capturing a sad face with zombie eyes.


In real life, I'm pretty sure I'm not as melancholy as this picture makes me look. For reals.
However, I did survive a social dinner tonight (and the freak out I had when I found out I would have to attend said dinner) so maybe I am still wearing the stress. I swear I think I must have some social disorder. I get so freaked out about new people in certain situations.

Obviously I survived.

Now to watch Northern Exposure in bed.

Love you always, Bill.

Always.


1 comment:

  1. So for a while I couldn't remember if I added you to my blog list because I hadn't seen anything from you in a while. So glad I did add you and so glad that you posted! Your garden boxes look great. You are not as melancholy as that pictures makes you look. And we have been loving having Billie and Gary here with us. I'm sure you'll love them just as much. I bet you are excited for the time off work! Keep us updated on the job. We are excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete