Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Loitering (Day 8)

I'm pretty sure Starbucks is going to kick me out.

I'm in here twice a day, ordering the cheapest thing possible (tall drip coffee $1.70) and then taking up one of the six tables for hours. Hours, people. But these are the things you do when you can't be at the place you are crashing because the handyman is there building a bathroom, and you need internet access to find you and your lovies a home. A home that you can kick back in and feel comfortable in and not have to leave.

Today I put my big girl panties on and drove myself and the dogs to Kihei to look at condos for rent. This is a big deal for me, since Kihei is on the other side of the island and has a lot of traffic. And I didn't know where I was going. Turns out, I am not a complete moron and figured out how to use google maps on my phone. I just punched those little addresses in and drove right over to the rentals. I saw this one house that I swear should just be torn down and put out of it's misery instead of rented. Holy jeez, and they wanted $1000 plus utilities! During all of this I managed to almost cause 1 traffic accident, sweated profusely, almost cried a little, and oh, my turn signal handle thingy fell off. It was awesome.

However, as I sat on the side of the road at the end of the day sweating, my phone rang and it was the lady from an upcountry rental I was really hoping would work out. She wants Brant and I and the dogs to come by tonight to meet her boyfriend, son, and dog. She wants to make sure it would be a good fit. She said she had 27 or so applications, but kept coming back to us.

So? Who knows?

I hope it works out. It is in a great location (upcountry, where it is cooler and close to Brant's work) and is super cute.

Anyway, all in all it was a good day. An adventure for sure. I'm starting to be able to find my way around better, and get a better feel for where I'd like to be on the island.

I haven't washed my hair in almost a week.

Earlier today I couldn't remember the name of my doctor in Boise.

I've got serious tan lines.

Bug spray is my new best friend.

If you stay underwater for a minute you can hear the whales making their whale noises. For reals.





I'll let you know if we get the place, and then you can start packing your bags.





No comments:

Post a Comment