Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's like running in the shower

What is this? A squash?
It's just hanging there.

Oh man, the weather here is still crazy. Rain & wind. It's cool though because you know, it's rainy and windy and still 80+ degrees. I love it.

I'm feeling all hardcore because I got my run in today, despite the rain. I saw a break of blue sky around 10am so a threw on my running clothes. Sure enough by the time I was leaving our driveway the clouds and rain were back. After running for only 2 minutes or so, I had myself talked into turning around and canning the whole thing, but by the time I got back to our house I talked myself back into completing the run. Jeez. Anyway, it turned out great. Sure beats the cold rainy runs in Boise. When I was done I was soaked through, but like I said, hardcore, yo.

Now I'm eating vegan enchiladas from yesterday (what?) and trying to sweep all the dog hair out of our house.

What are you up to?


P.S. If my internet connection holds out, I'll be making some changes to the blog today - like the header and layout. So don't panic or anything.


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to follow your marathon training! You are off to a great start. You are so correct about runs in the rain, nothing like it to make you feel hardcore. I would wear a raincoat to protect my ipod, but dang, raincoats make you sweat - so I devised this awesome ipod cover out of a ziplock bag. Classy (but fits in my running shorts pocket).

    p.s. I love reading your blog. I went back and read all the archives. Fun! Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make it to the High School State Championships on Saturday 5/7. It is being held in town, and lots of young talented Maui runners will be competing. Get pumped about running in Maui - http://www.mauirunner.com/2011/05/2011-hhsaa-track-and-field.html

    ReplyDelete