I walked into town yesterday, to find someone who would fax
one sheet of paper to our realtor. Found a postal shop who could do it for $2
per sheet to the mainland. I wish I had a scanner. As I was walking up the hill
and out of our neighborhood I looked back over my shoulder and saw clouds so
beautiful I had to stop, stare, be quiet. They were Hallelujah chorus clouds.
Makes me also seriously wish I had a camera with me that could more accurately capture the scene.
It is raining as I type this. Soft, drizzly rain, and we are
socked in gray skies. A far cry from yesterday.
But the winds are blowing, and bits of blue show here and there. There
will be sun later.
I’ve swiped a plastic folding chair from our landlords
makeshift shed, and I’m sitting at the utility table (also plastic and borrowed
from landlords) in front of our window looking out into the purpley/blue flowered
plumbago bushes in the yard. I’ve already drunk most of the coffee we brewed
this morning (6 cups) and I’d like more. Time to break into the iced coffee
stash in the fridge. It may be rainy, gray, and windy outside, but it is still
warm enough for an iced beverage.

The weather sure has been dramatic and beautiful.
ReplyDelete