Here’s part of my run on Saturday. Brant and I drove down to
his shop and he worked on his car while I got my long run done. It was 7 miles
this week, and it went fine. My legs (especially my left calf) are achy today,
which kind of surprises me, but I’m blaming it on the slight incline and headwind Whatever, it’s done, and that makes me happy.
We pretty much just hung out the rest of the weekend. Sunday
morning was supposed to involve the beach, but we ditched it so I could go to a job
interview. It was for a gardening/farming job and I did not get it. (I think if
faced with that choice again, I will be choosing the beach). The dude who owns
the farm keeps like 100,000 bees on his property and decided to go with someone
else since I had a bad reaction the last time I was stung. Or at least, that’s
what he said. Fair enough.
So that sucked, but on the bright side it looks like I will
be doing some part-time gardening around the shop where Brant works. Mostly
pruning, deadheading, and weeding. Basic clean-up. So that’s cool. It will be
nice to get my hands in the dirt again.
Oh! And I almost forgot! This will matter to very few
people, but Friday I went to Savers and thrifted the coolest painting to hang
on our wall. I also found a neat bowl from India that now serves as a
catch-all for our keys, change, sunglasses, etc. Small things to buy, but they
have really helped make our home feel like, you know….a home. With suitcases containing
the bare necessities, I’ve struggled with feeling like we are on a perpetual
vacation. But knickknacks and wall art? Now we’re putting down roots. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment