Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Totally Thought I'd Be a Surfer Girl By Now


Feels like I spent today making things. We do almost all of our cooking from scratch, and on Monday’s I like to cook up big pots of things so the cooking for the rest of the week is easier (quicker). There are black beans in the crock pot right now. A double batch of quinoa in the fridge beside two batches of breakfast cookies wrapped in parchment paper. The cookies are kind of a disappointment, but we will eat them anyway, slathered with peanut butter. There are peanut butter/chocolate/banana cookies (these are pretty good, but too doughy in my opinion) and strawberry lemon cookies (which taste nothing like strawberries or lemons, sadly).

Here are two confessions for you:

1. I think I might be addicted to HGTV. Can’t stand the design shows, but am obsessed with House Hunters and Property Virgins, especially.

2. Despite dreaming of it for years, now that we have moved here, I am afraid to try SUP (stand up paddling). Intimidated by the ocean. But as a friend of mine put it, time to pick up my skirt and drop my purse.  

Ah….noted.


What are you intimidated by? Any tips for not dying in the ocean?



No comments:

Post a Comment