I am not a stay-er. Not a be-er.
This summer – the July 4 weekend – to be exact, so many things finally culminated in our lives and it all spelled out GO. It finally felt like the right time to embark on a new adventure. The choice became very obvious, and it feels like it would be a mistake to stay.
So. What are we doing? Where are we going?
We are moving.
To Maui.

Anyone who knows me well knows that this has been my dream since Brant and I went there with his family 8 years ago. And now we are doing it.
AHAHAHAHAHAGGGGGGGGKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are quitting our jobs, renting our house, and selling and/or giving away almost everything we own. And we are both so incredibly, over the freaking moon excited.
Brant and I are of the ‘anything can happen’ mindset. We are approaching this situation like this: Anything can happen. All we know is that right now – today – we both feel like this is where we are going. It might take 6 months, 2 years, or 10 years to get there. Heck, we might not get there at all (ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!) but right now we are going this direction and enjoying every minute of it.
I’ve decided that I want to use this blog as a way to document the whole process. People have so many questions when they hear what we are doing – and this will be a great way for family and friends to get the latest details.So, what are the actual details?
That is a post all by itself. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment