We woke up to a cold rainy morning. The rain is wonderful for the garden , but the cold........seriously, it's 62 degrees outside right now. My tomatoes hate 62 degrees.
We spent the early morning drinking coffee in bed.
Spent the late morning sifting through 7 years worth of financial records, deciding what to keep and what to toss.
Broke for lunch and grilled sausages and burgers. (We moved the grill out of the drizzle and onto the covered porch.)
Early afternoon I talked myself into going for a run. For a number of reasons, I just haven't been running like usual this summer. I haven't felt like it. For the most part though, I've given myself the freedom to not run (even though I am a runner and hello? Aren't runners supposed to actually run?) thinking that eventually I would miss it and crave it. Well.....that hasn't happened. I don't miss running at all. But I do miss it's physical and mental benefits. So I am doing my best to get back out there again. Since I pretty much feel like I am starting all over again, I decided to complete the Couch to 5k program. This afternoon was my 2nd run of the 1st week of the program. And let me tell you, I was not a happy camper about going for this run.
![]() | ||||
| whiny, whiny, whiner. |
The only thing that got me out the door (besides the thought of diminished cellulite) is the C25K app I downloaded to my iphone.
![]() | ||
| Please don't look at the dead tomato plant in the background. It wasn't my fault. I swear. |
Anyway, the run/walk was good. Felt good to be back out there and I didn't die or puke or anything. So that's good.
Now the husband and I are going to the store to buy ice cream and redbox movies. What? I need a reward! Didn't you see me running?



Love it Kris! You are fabulous. Sounds like a cool app. The weather is insane. This morning it was 44 degrees and rainy when the kids were going to their 1st day of school. Brrr.
ReplyDeleteOh, jeez, 44 degrees? Practically snowman weather!?!
ReplyDelete