Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Now



Wondering when these words will begin to sound like me, and not an imitation of some other blogger I read last week, yesterday, an hour ago.

Thinking about fear. Everything I do, or do not do is motivated out of a thought based around fear. A few times in my life I have overcome that fear – jumping into 50+ ft. of water and snorkeling for the first time, and whitewater rafting are the two that initially come to mind.

Looking forward to next weekend. We have plans to go to a big rummage sale/craft fair put on by a local private school. I’m looking for a few things to brighten our house: bath towels, a garbage can, spoons.

Remembering yesterday and how I got to spend almost the whole day in Kahana all by myself. Ran the first training run on the lower road. Said ‘good morning’ and smiled. Felt like my heart was going to burst with happiness.  Found a hemp wallet on the sidewalk. Set it on the rock wall hoping its owner would see it and claim it. Six hours later it was still there.

Dreaming as always. Lately of making jewelry from the shells and coral beach treasures I find. I’d like to wear a bracelet refined by the ocean.




2 comments:

  1. I caught up on your blog last night. I was behind. Apologies. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete